[scona] Camp Smalltalk Nanaimo Nov 6-8 2015 reminder

tim Rowledge via scona-list scona-list at scona.us
Tue Nov 10 20:43:58 PST 2015

> On 01-11-2015, at 8:30 PM, Martin McClure <martin at hand2mouse.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/01/2015 08:10 PM, tim Rowledge via scona-list wrote:
>> This is the final call for passengers wishing to take the chance to enjoy a weekend of Smalltalky goodness in Nanaimo.
>
> Alas, I can't make it this year -- I'm heading off to Argentina for Smalltalks the next day, and too much to do beforehand.

Hope Argentina is fun; we had a nice time up here.

Starting planning for a Spring Big Show - what do people want? A circus? Fire-dancers? Reviewed papers?  I had this crazy idea that boring papers should be replaced by 5 minute video presentations (so you can get rid of the umm, err, silence, false starts etc) and 10 minute questions. We’re looking into ways to get the local universities involved as well.

tim
--
Useful random insult:- Doesn't just know nothing; doesn't even suspect much.