[scona] Smalltalk and education

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Sep 29 04:43:51 PDT 2010

 Hi folks  :-)

I'm a Smalltalker/teacher in the Pittsburgh PA area.  I use VisualWorks
primarily but a bit of Squeak here and there as well.

Any interest in trying to build this community? Stef indicated that ESUG
would help and I think we should approach STIC as well. I can imagine
some very modest support coming in the form of paying for a
location/some snacks for an "interest group" meeting at an upcoming
Smalltalk solutions or OOPSLA (this venue would probably be too pricey
even to get a room).

I would really like to get together to talk about what we're doing with
Smalltalk in education so I'd be happy to arrange this if there is
sufficient interest.

Best wishes,

David Shaffer
Department of Math/CS